Sunday, August 10, 2008

Foot troops



Speaking of color, I just noticed that I only use a few for shodders. Besides black, brown (includes tan and chocolate), maroon, and white: green, blue, and (thrift-faded) gold. Should there be more? Red, silver, fuchsia, emerald, even orange and yellow? Been meaning to get nice prints and checks, but haven't found any in Manila to my liking. Maybe I haven't been looking that well...



Right now I'm in the mood for bronze. Lanvin's hightop trainers in beige suede calfskin, gray satin, and bronze mirror calfskin toecap in particular. (Yes, that's what they're called.)



They're last season's, S/S 08. These hightops have been evolving since the F/W 07 collection. I wonder how low they go when on sale.



This is the perfect sequence of events...



Should shoes always ground a man? What does it say about him if they're the first thing you notice about his outfit? Attention-deficent, flippant, out of sorts, trying too hard, opinionated, or daring?

Will be looking for sneakers today for an article. Let's see what I'll stumble upon...

Photos from Lanvin, men.style.com, and from misterpretender on superfuture supertalk

No comments: