Monday, August 25, 2008

Jil Sander marble + rust-patterned jeans



Another image of urban decay. I saw this the other day while on the road, so I rolled down the window and took a picture. What caught my fancy was the contrast of rust against the splotchy blue paint. Inspect upon closer detail:



This reminded me of another mottled pattern:





I encounter this every day at work, at the lobby of a building, near the elevators:



The pattern is electric.

I thought of Jil Sander FW 08 not because the rust pattern looked anything like it, but because I began conjuring in my mind outfit possibilities:



Many were put off by the appearance of the marbling on every clothing article. But what better way to make a statement? Leave the mix-and-matching to the magazine editorials.

And this blog. The marbled pattern looks most darling on a hooded jacket paired with rust-rugged, splotchy jeans:



Images from men.style.com and Oki-Ni

1 comment:

sosuemethen said...

Reminds me of Balenciaga Fall '07 paint splatters.

-David