Monday, April 27, 2009

Morning news sold out




No matter how noisy, crowded, and grimy, the city will always be dear to me. It is where all lines converge, where parallels intersect. Day in and day out, in between the columns found in national papers lie the lives of everyone around - all of them unavoidably affected, if not incriminated.




Sure, I am not one to turn down one or a few weeks of rest out in the provinces - to the mountains or to the beaches - but I don't know how long I can last so far from the bustle of the metropolis.

Thrifted shirt, Emporio Armani; pants, Gas; scarf, vintage; newsboy cap, Zara; semi-leather shoes, Giordano Concepts; suspenders, SM Department Store

Photos by Patricia Suzara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog the other day and I have been going through your blog. I have found your blog absolutely wonderful, a good read. The way you support fashion shows with images found on the internet and some of the editorials you have added to your blog is wonderful. Also the posts of men in skirts was mindblowing and the images made me consider buying a skirt. My comments up to now have been positive but now it's time for the negative. Your outfit posts are a waste of time, for a very simple reason - its too normal. If you wanted to do wearable styles do something like the cablog or what the streetstyle blogs show. But what would be really unique is if you copied the life and times of a problem child - try his psf. Well anyway good blog and I will continue to read it, best of luck for your future blog posts.

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

Hello Anonymous. Am glad that you like the blog, and you actually take the time to read the entries. I must admit that my personal style is still evolving and I'm trying to find new ways of expressing myself given climate and other (e.g. office) limitations. I am also fond of Ca's site, and am keen to find my own jackets and coats feasible enough for the tropics. We'll see. Normality is subjective, especially since your examples - Ca and Gian - have very different tastes, to say the least. Some things they wear appeal to me and others don't - the same way I suppose my outfits do not appeal to you. You can always scroll down if you feel you're wasting you're time. As for me, I will continue to post what I wear as an integral part of my blog, which is after all, also a form of a diary. Admittedly, I have been lazy. So thanks for the challenge!