Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bosquejo Bazaar: Helmut Lang + Gianfranco Ferré + Cesare Paciotti




Don Protasio, a Filipino designer based in Cambodia, requested this pair of Helmut Langs from my last Bosquejo Bazaar post, but unfortunately, they were no longer there when I returned to the vintage store. I hope I can make it up to him with another pair from my most recent finds.




These next three pairs may not be in as good a condition as the Helmuts, but I think, exactly because they're this worn in, they're more fun to use casually.

These pointy Gianfranco Ferré (size 42 or 9) laceups, for example, are good with jeans — the more distressed, ripped, and worn in the better.




This next pair (size 44) is made from Italy, marked with the brand Varié. Though they can be just as good as denim, I imagine these shoes being more friendly with cords.




Now this, this pair by Cesare Paciotti (size 7), I really do not know how to explain. I found them in the sneakers rack. Who can blame the salesclerks?

The mix of the elements is so uncanny, I have to shake myself from staring so I can begin imagining how to wear them. They're obviously the most weathered among the three, so I think they should actually be used in the place of sneakers.

With khaki shorts on a sunny weekend!


If any of you readers from Manila are interested, just drop me a line via a comment or through email so I can get them for you. Don't let them slip out of your hands this time...

7 comments:

fuchsiaboy said...

i'm pretty sure you'll find another helmut lang for me. i honestly don't need another pair of shoes but i'm an HL fan (wearing HL while im typing this) and i just love collecting his stuff. if you can find me clothes pieces, too (both for homme et femme) :)

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

Yeah. I'll contact you as soon as I do. I'm a fan as well: http://lbosquejo.blogspot.com/2009/02/no-sweating-sporty-preppy.html.

Anonymous said...

Hi, just want to ask where do you usually go for thrift shopping... Thank you...

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

Hi. The best pieces I have bought came from a shop that sells Japanese goods. To get there, go to Pasong Tamo, then right before (after if you are coming from EDSA) Makati Cinema Square, there is a Goldilocks shop at a corner. Go down this street until you find a shop with boxes outside.

Another great store used to be located along Buendia, near the Pasong Tamo intersection. The building has now been torn down. The store has moved further down Buendia, right after Grepalife and a BPI branch.

The shoes you see here are from various shops in Cubao, near the MRT and LRT II stations.

Please email me if you have more questions.

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for the infos, really appreciate it...-JCF

Anonymous said...

This. Made my day. Thank you for the info!

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

To Anonymous 1 and Anonymous 2: Glad to have helped!