Friday, December 25, 2009

Onyx, obsidian, and meteorite necklace

IMG_4067


I asked the saleslady if the cratered beads they were selling really came from space. She laughed, and I shrugged it off. Nobody was buying the "meteorite", so I wanted it.

This is the necklace I made for my mom as a gift especially for Christmas Eve, since she was looking for a necklace other than a long strand of pearls to go with her red dress. Coincidentally, the piece went well with what I was wearing yesterday morning.


IMG_4090


Besides the leftover rosette onyx, I used medium-sized "meteorite" beads, obsidian, and some gray squarish stones. I decided to use gray with black to give my mom's red dress more character. She wore this double-stranded.


IMG_4074


I hope you had a merry Christmas, because I did. Besides meeting relatives again, tasting my cousin's dishes, and the gifts, I was also able to sell both my "grotesque" steel necklaces and something new from my Sacre line (will post this by and by), plus a couple of orders for new hardware pieces.

It was likewise amazing how necklaces I conceived for men looked great on my aunts!

IMG_4093


Again, I liked how this turned out. Different colors, textures, and shapes.


IMG_4078


Tee, Rogan; thrifted skinny jeans, Dior Homme; belt, Brave Beltworks; sneakers, Generic Surplus; necklace, DIY


IMG_4095


I was also able to make a necklace-gift for my grandmother, which she was happy to receive. It was shorter and was accentuated with shiny, metallic hematite beads. This afternoon I was also able to make a combination piece from black wooden beads and onyx for my cousin — much lighter than the earlier necklaces, but still looks interesting because of the new colors and textures.

As I write this post in the beach, I am wearing a new necklace made of unfinished wood and plastic, which I think is the start of a new line. Summer, perhaps?


IMG_4088


I hope this venture blossoms. Watch this page — at least until I am able to put up my Bosquejo accessories site!

Happy holidays!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously, your seem-to-be-critics a.k.a. haters, they are really making sense with your, you know, "DIYs". Maybe they just don't know how to say it in a nice way, and to be honest, i don't even know how to make this sound good either but they don't look good. Just keep on writing good stuffs though 'bout fashion.

p.s. the metal thingy necklace will look good with denim long sleeves. and less is more will always be the black. think about it.

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

thanks for the comment. actually, i've worn one of my metallic necklaces with a long-sleeved denim shirt, and they do go well together.

whether they look good or not is a matter of opinion, and i respect them as long as they are expressed as such.

and yes, i will continue writing about other fashion-related things very soon. thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

throw ugly shoes