Friday, June 10, 2011

El Bosquejo takes on Don Protasio

IMG_0175


I know some of you may take it as a travesty what I've done to Don Protasio's flowy fabrics. But how I played with the clothes is no different from how I styled my red and blue kimono. I love the huge lapels and of course the tiny, semi-trompe l'oeil-ed pleats.


IMG_0186


All bunched up at the back, not very different from Japanese men's yukatas. Wearing the top with drop-crotch pants with front buttons, bunched up with the help of a skinny belt. Just look at the flow of lines! I suppose when I wear these next time, I will let things hang more loose. What do you think?


Sleeveless hoodie and drop-croth pants, Don Protasio; polo shirt, Muji; sandals, Kickers; belt, A.P.C.

Photos by Thysz Estrada

4 comments:

Ca said...

Bold move going blond, but I like it. Hey, that's what youth is for.

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

haha, esp with only a few months before 30! nice hearing from you, ca. hope you're doing well.

Ca said...

Cliché yes but I am a firm believer of the saying "age is only a number". I overheard on the bus the other day that 30 is the new 20. Haha, whatever that means. I never understood the "x is the new y" stuff. I am 23 so where does that put me?!

I recently finished my spring semester which means no school and more work for the next two months. Hence the low blog activity. But I have been planning a few summer style related entries. I just need to get things done and stop being lazy (which is my favourite thing to be during holidays).

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

That makes you the new 15! Hehe. Now laziness, that is something for all ages.