Saturday, August 27, 2011

Lapis lazuli and leather

Lapis-lazuli-and-leather-01


So even before I started making Bosquejo accessories utilizing semi-precious stones, I was already wearing stones myself. My first-ever necklace of the kind was a string of tiger's eye in varying colors, worn here under a tie and with a denim shirt, here with an all-green outfit, and here over a tie and with checks. So I suppose it's only natural that I try out my own pieces, even if usually only worn by my female customers.


Lapis-lazuli-and-leather-02


I am wearing a blue-themed necklace from my Azul collection under a faux leather jacket by Drei Soriano (first worn here).


Lapis-lazuli-and-leather-03


Here is what the necklace, named Elba, looks under brighter light. It is composed of different shades of lapis lazuli, with pyrite (fool's gold), and small 10-carat gold beads.


Lapis-lazuli-and-leather-04


I know the outfit combination looks strange, but I wanted something loose (baggy farmer's pants) and monochromatic (matching of double-collared polo shirt), but at the same time both masculine (faux leather jacket) and refined (semi-precious stones). Haha, I know that's too much to ask for, but this is what I came up with.


Lapis-lazuli-and-leather-05


The necklace at closer view. Did you know that the golden flecks in the lapis lazuli are actually pyrite? So it was not a hard decision to pair the stone with fool's gold (pyrite by another name). I am also still not over the natural creases of the farmer's trousers (right), produced by its volume and by the rolling of fabric at the waist. It's fun to now and then experiment with what personally seems strange.


Double-collar polo shirt, Fred Perry; faux leather jacket, Drei Soriano; Thai farmer's pants from Davao; crocheted sandals, thrifted; briefcase, Bally

Photos by Patricia Suzara

No comments: