Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Cleaning act

Cameo-090711_01


The rain brings not only the floods, but also grime and molds. I have labored long enough on some things to know that they are not what I want. But how to scrub off the thick layers of mud that I now mistake as skin?


Cameo-090711_02


Alternating mesh polo shirt, thrifted
Cardigan, Topman
Trousers, Muji
Belt, Brave Beltworks
Leather satchel, Young Camel, thrifted
Leatherette travelling bag, thrifted
Boots, Couber.G, thrifted



I may be talking about blogging, designing and making accessories, my day job, or even the people I surround myself with. Perhaps. Each to some extent, definitely. For sure, I am also referring to desperately necessary spring cleaning: not just through clothes, but also bags and shoes, magazines, some books and DVDs. Trinkets, maybe memories.


Cameo-090711_03


Don't you think the ombre pattern formed by mud and algae on a white wall with chipped paint and scattered traces of soot and molds would be perfect for a shirt? I would definitely wear it. How about trousers with micro-zigzags?


Cameo-090711_04


I have long searched for mustard yellow working boots. I love how they provide an instant pop of color. Maybe I should have worn trousers with a better fit so I could have slipped the hems in. Or, yes I hear you, it's just time for me to have them shortened at the tailor's.


Cameo-090711_05


You know me, I love anything sheer, mesh-y, and patterned. Why do I bring so much stuff? I almost always overestimate what I can do during my work break. Either that or I am replenishing workout wear in my gym locker.


Cameo-090711_06


It is always easier to decide on a course of action. I like to end with images of my shoes to get me walking.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: