Friday, September 2, 2011

Gray with salmon pink

Salmon-pink-01


This was taken during the recently concluded great four-day weekend. I still feel nostalgic.


Salmon-pink-02


Since it was a dreary rainy day, I decided to wear out the XL salmon pink sweater I got on sale at Linea Italia.


Salmon-pink-03


Sweater, Piazza Italia
Polo shirt and jeans, Bench
Belt, Brave Beltworks
Sneakers, Generic Surplus
Messenger bag, from an artisan in Beijing
Necklace, "Zuzeca" from Bosquejo



Salmon-pink-04


And guess what I found in the middle of a parking lot? A great puddle rippling with the breeze, deceptively deep. (No fish!)


Salmon-pink-05


This is only the fourth article of clothing I have in pink (others are: two shirts and one polo shirt). I think it looks great as a big burst of color set against neutrals, and it goes well with my personal coloring (like red does, because of the color of my skin and lips).


Salmon-pink-06


Pink is a happy color, soothing to the eye. It relaxes, like humor. Like a blog I recently came across, Nice try, bro, which has picked on my last cameo (with that sheer tank top).


Salmon-pink-06b


I loved it just after two posts. I read through his entire archive last night. Love his wit, his point of view set against a sea of sycophants on the internet. Achingly funny, and just what we need to guide our sartorial choices. I suggest you follow him.


Salmon-pink-07


I think pink exists to remind us that we shouldn't take things too seriously. And honestly, maybe he's right. Maybe tank tops really aren't for me. Though I will have to think about tucking in tees (or sweaters in this case), since I've been doing it all these years.

2 comments:

Ca said...

Aah, the salmon pink with grey is perfect. Colour therapy is just what you need on a rainy day.

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

Very true! Nice to hear from you again Ca.