Monday, September 12, 2011

Of denim and street urchins

Cameo-091211_01


So here is the denim jacket that I turned into a vest last week.


Cameo-091211_02


Denim vest, DIY from thrifted jacket
Sheer knit tee, Oxygen
Sweat pants, thrifted
Sneakers, Converse, thrifted
PVC bag (left), 5cm
Small messenger, agnès b, thrifted
"Metal Urchin" necklace, Bosquejo



And here is the necklace I was telling you about: "Metal Urchin" from Bosquejo's Hardware collection.


Cameo-091211_03


The necklace is made of hinges (see image from underneath) and various beads. I thought it was perfect to pair it with the denim vest to come up with a look that was both artsy and street.


Cameo-091211_04


And just for the fun of confusing references, I added sporty and preppy elements in the form of woolen sweats and sheer knit.


Cameo-091211_05


My battle gear in the form of two bags, one bought new and the other thrifted, one faux and the other real leather.


Cameo-091211_06


I think it was good that the denim did not fray that much, just a few threads peeking from the shoulder. Makes the look cleaner. Better too if I want to wear the vest with dress shirts. The sweats are actually a bit heavy, meant for the colder seasons. But what I really love about them are the buttons!


Cameo-091211_07


Feeling a bit sporty, I balanced myself on this ticketing office rail while I had my picture taken.


Cameo-091211_08


I would have done acrobatics if I actually were sporty and had a better sense of balance.

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Paul J said...

WOW I love this!!! I want! :)

Miguel Paolo Celestial said...

Thanks Paul! I've had this for a while now. You can have a new one made if you want :)