Monday, September 5, 2011

On a clear day

Cameo-090511_01


So I am stuck again at home. Fever last night and my legs feeling the onset of the flu. My fault really; I must have underestimated the cold nights. Or maybe it was because of all the excitement last weekend.


Cameo-090511_02


Polo shirt, Piazza Italia
Jeans, Maison Martin Margiela
Braided belt, Nautica
Briefcase, Bally
"Dirae" necklace, Bosquejo
Sandals, Kickers, thrifted



Cameo-090511_03


Friday night I met up with a friend working abroad. Talked about work, the industry, the people in the industry, and the one thing closest to my heart that I didn't expect I'd be talking about: poetry. I even read her some of mine and Richard Siken's.


Cameo-090511_04


Saturday night I met up with an old "flame". Pardon the crotch shot, but instead of my heart, which is a very unpredictable and elusive thing, sometimes I have to rely on my viscera. And my gut says there may still be something in what I have been taking for granted all these years. If only my heart says the same thing...


Cameo-090511_05


Later that Saturday night, I travelled all the way again to Quezon City to meet up with friends and to attend an event.


Cameo-090511_06


I suppose all that was more than my constitution could take. And did I say I also had a drink Saturday night?


Cameo-090511_07


Nevertheless, I live for these moments of epiphany. I need them to survive.


Cameo-090511_08


To remind me of what I have and what to do with it.


Cameo-090511_09


Thankfully, when the days are as clear as this, I can still see forever.


Cameo-090511_10


It's just the walking to the destination part that I have to work on.

No comments: