Thursday, September 29, 2011

Storm impasse

Cameo-092911_01


A big storm has just passed. Though the flood on many roads have receded, lots of people are only beginning to confront the damage. Living in a tropical country with its back turned to the Pacific, I sometimes think we live life between typhoons.


Cameo-092911_02


When it rains even in December and we live in an archipelago, how can we not consider ourselves as water people?

I've worn this nylon blazer before, now shown in brighter light, though still in the dark. (The belt could be longer.)


Cameo-092911_03


Blazer, Bench
Shirt, Bench
Belt, Brave Beltworks
Trousers, Muji
Sneakers, Comme des Garçons Shirt, thrifted
Satchel, Young Camel, thrifted



Personally, I live between milestones, between major changes. Though they may not move as fast as 20kph, I nevertheless find myself submerged.


Cameo-092911_04


Look beyond the street: it is a long way to go, yet sometimes (especially now), I feel as if I'm drowning in a pitiful, almost-gone puddle.


Cameo-092911_05


An-almost-gratuitous crotch shot. Yes, the blazer and sneakers were meant to match.


Cameo-092911_06


From the storm image to one of dilapidation and decay.


Cameo-092911_07


Must get going. I should be ready when this wall of a year collapses. (Not that I'm not thankful; more like I've outgrown it prematurely.)


Cameo-092911_08


The soles of these sneakers are almost those of a tabi.


Cameo-092911_09


When the sky clears, the weeds will have been replaced by blossoms. But until then, there are more storms to confront.

Is it Thursday already?

No comments: