Sunday, September 11, 2011

Stripes and stones

Cameo-091111_01


Woke up to a beautiful Sunday like today last week, when I wore this outfit.


Cameo-091111_02


Tee, Oxygen
Jeans, Izzue, thrifted
Belt, Brave Beltworks
Sneakers, Generic Surplus
Bag, Cambridge Satchel Company
"Carmelo" necklace, Bosquejo



Don't ask me why I was wearing a band-aid. Long story. Suffice to say that I have always been clumsy.


Cameo-091111_03


I will tell you though about this necklace. I have seen pearls worn by men several times in editorials and even by male bloggers, so I thought I wanted something like that. But instead of merely wearing what was sold as jewelry for women, I made my own version, made of both spherical and chunky semi-precious stones, including moonstone, jade, and jasper.


Cameo-091111_04


I suppose it was the satchel that gave me the idea to dress like a schoolboy (for schools without uniforms of course). The jeans are really meant to be worn folded, as they come with strips and fasteners.


Cameo-091111_05


Speaking of clumsy, I wanted to climb this tree behind me, but the crook was too high and the bark too unwieldy. I didn't have the same excuses, though, when I was in grade school and was wearing leather shoes.


Cameo-091111_06


I named the necklace "Carmelo" after a high school principal, who was also a priest. A righteous name for a white necklace? Maybe. But that same priest is now more involved with worldly things than with liturgy.


Cameo-091111_07


The necklace will be available soon at my stockists. For personal orders and customizations, you may contact me via email.


Happy Sunday!

No comments: