Thursday, September 8, 2011

Walking the straight line

Cameo-090811_01


Yes, I'm talking about piping (the white hem of this blazer), and being consistent. It's strange. Last time I had my picture taken wearing this jacket, I was still a blonde. Somehow forced, admittedly to be more daring than I usually was. It was hit and miss.


Cameo-090811_02


Blazer, Fred Perry
Shirt, Costume National
Jeans, Two Percent
Belt, Brave Beltworks
Laceups, Marlboro Classics
Camouflage tote, thrifted
"Fury" necklace, Bosquejo



I guess I'm more comfortable like this, with small manageable statements. Though I may of course, from time to time, feel the need to deviate and get out of myself.


Cameo-090811_03


To begin with, before I started this blog, I never really felt the need to stand out. It has always been about digging deeper into myself, picking out raw rock and polishing it. More often, it was about being invisible: not being absorbed into a sea of uniforms, but rather becoming sleek enough to suddenly disappear.


Cameo-090811_04


On another note, and this was brought up by a Bosquejo client, I think I have lost enough weight (girth) to fit better into this Japanese-sized blazer. Its sleeve hem sits right on the wrist so I decided to pull out my shirt sleeves.

Semi-skinny jeans. Semi-deadly razor blade pendant. Camouflage for hiding?


Cameo-090811_05


Lastly, I would like to bring your attention to the workmanship of the Costume National shirt and the Fred Perry jacket (both dry clean only). Notice the stitching, the almost imperceptible fabric striations/ribbing. That is where you will find me: in almost unnoticeable details.

No comments: