Saturday, December 24, 2011

A working year

Cameo-122411_01


What was I most thankful for in 2011? Besides the usual dependable friends and family and the suprising number of blessings, what I was particularly grateful for were my boots. It may sound trite, but it was thanks to my sturdy, heavy duty pairs that I was able to brave numerous floods and the usual muck of Divisoria and Quiapo, the wholesale meccas of Manila.


Cameo-122411_02


Camouflage tee, thrifted
Bomber jacket, 5cm
Jeans, Jil Sander
Belt, Izzue
Boots, Timberland, thrifted
Leather bag, Rabeanco, thrifted
"Dirae" necklace, Bosquejo



Thanks to my new work schedule (11am-7pm), I have been able to snatch short trips to Manila to source materials for my Bosquejo necklaces, right into the street-congested months of December.


Cameo-122411_03


Thank you, my dear cherished thrifted boots, you have been a boon.


Cameo-122411_04


Here is my second pair, in mustard yellow.


Cameo-122411_05


Polo shirt, Tru Turssardi
Jacket, thrifted
Trousers, Y-3
Belt, Brave Beltworks
Leather shoulder bag, agnes b., thrifted
Boots, Couber.G, thrifted
Canvas tote, Ritual



I know they make me look shorter, so maybe I'll look for something in a (somewhat reddish) shade of brown. I just love the color.


Cameo-122411_06


I think I love shoes just as much as I love bags. If only I can find pairs that fit.


Cameo-122411_07


So Merry Christmas! It is time again to eat and eat and eat. In between conversations I am sure my mind would be wandering, back to 2011 and jumping right into 2012. As for the present? Well, I just bought myself a new wallet, some shirts, and a varsity jacket that I will be pairing with my black boots tonight. Right now I am thinking of the many ways I can wear them.

No comments: