Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First post of 2012

Cameo-010312_01


Fast-paced, quickly spent days, once again we come face to face. But let me not miss moments that burn in ordinary time, when I stare into the universe: doing nothing, experiencing everything.


The above paragraph/short stretch of verse popped into my head on the way home yesterday, Tuesday, my first working day of the year.


Cameo-010312_02


Denim jacket, thrifted
Sheer printed shirt, thrifted
Jeans, Bench
Belt, Brave Beltworks
Satchel, Young Camel, thrifted
Suede briefcase, vintage
Shoes, thrifted
"Featherlight" necklace, Bosquejo



January is really about persistence, when we begin to feel that maybe change isn't really that urgent. When festivities come to an end and, just as for peacetime, we have to figure out what to do with ourselves.

We need to hold on to something sturdy, that's why I chose denim on denim, instead of something like my new Thai fisherman's pants. I really love the apache chief buttons! Remind me also to have the lining of my beloved Young Camel satchel replaced. Can you see the leather patched on the corners? I think I've spent thousands already on this bag's (thrifted for P700) repair. I must love it that much!


Cameo-010312_03


Leather bags like a hero and his sidekick.


Cameo-010312_04


Stapled tassels. These are so comfy!


Cameo-010312_05


So here we go. We are here. We are now!

1 comment:

halfwhiteboy said...

can't blame you for loving that bag.

http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/