Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Anatomy of a Day: Sunday, February 19

Anatomy-of-021912_03


So I took the earliest flight from Manila to Hong Kong, set at 6.25am, so I can do lots of things before I started working on Monday. Though it was a bit cold at the airport, it wasn't chilly enough to require the outermost layer: a navy blue Muji jacket. Initially, the polo shirt and denim jacket were enough.


Anatomy-of-021912_02


I brought two bags instead of one. With this thrifted camo tote was my trusty Bally briefcase. Between them were my laptop, my DSLR, books, and magazines that I really couldn't put in my check-in luggage, otherwise my initially negligible excess weight would require payment.


Navy blue jacket, Muji
Denim jacket, Rick Owens Drkshdw
Polo shirt, Fred Perry
Belt, Nautica
Jeans, Dior Homme, thrifted
Camouflage tote, thrifted



Anatomy-of-021912_04


No, it's not really denim on denim. The jeans, thrifted long ago in Pasig, are in soft cotton made pliable by polyurethane. Skinny, the pair fits right into my also thrifted Timberland boots.


Anatomy-of-021912_06


I had the sleeves of the denim jacket shortened. The slit was way longer, but then that wouldn't look good on shorter arms.


Anatomy-of-021912_07


This collar was buttoned even on the plane. Since I still had my sniffles, I was very vulnerable to the cold.

Do you notice the difference in wash of the collar from the waist and wrist hems above?


Anatomy-of-021912_08


Though the Muji jacket covered Rick's Drkshdw denim when worn, I think a button-on-button look is interesting.


Anatomy-of-021912_09


It was an entire day of walking. After depositing my bags and while waiting for my room to be prepared, I visited the jewelry fair at the trade center. Lots of very pretty precious and semi-precious stones. I hope I had more time to inspect the other booths (all 5 floors of them), but to tell you honestly, while I was gawking at the jewelry, I was already shopping for clothes in my mind.



Anatomy-of-021912_10


When I was finally able to take a shower at the hotel, I had some dollars changed and headed straight ahead to the shops at Soho. Lots of window shopping at H&M, IT boutiques (with mouthwatering shoes by Junya Watanabe x Comme des Garçons x Trickers), ck Calvin Klein, and many of the shops at Landmark Men. Since it was just my first day, I decided to restrain myself.


Anatomy-of-021912_11


But when I headed to Causeway Bay (my favorite place in Hong Kong island) and fit these boots at the IT sale, I instantly knew I had a keeper. Yes, the boots I was wearing looked similar — as if they were brothers — but these Dirk Bikkembergs were just too sexy to let go.


Anatomy-of-021912_12


I didn't even take them off. I wore them for the rest of the night when I also bought my first pair of unwashed A.P.C. jeans (New Standards. Also liked the new Petit Standard, but they were out of my size.)

I think I need to do a lot of walking before I decide on the next purchases. (Hello Granville and the rest of Tsim Sha Tsui, Lane Crawford, and more quirky stores in Wanchai, Soho, Hollywood Road, etc!)

1 comment:

inkarlcerating said...

naloka ako sa drkshdw mo!