Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ochre and lavender summer

Cameo-031112_01


For guys who are too shy to don Tangerine Tango, Pantone's color of the year, I think ochre is a suitable alternative. It is near beige and brown, so is almost neutral, but has undertones of mustard.


Pajama top, thrifted
Shirt, Zara
Jeans, Bench
Belt, Structure, thrifted
PVC shoulder bag, 5cm
Portfolio, Fran├žois Marot, thrifted
Shoes, Next, thrifted



Cameo-031112_02


To keep things a little lively, I chose a striped lavender shirt to wear under this ochre-colored pajama top I thrifted years ago. Don't you just love the pattern? The brown found in four separate items (jeans, belt, shoes, and bag) helps to tone down the ochre and lavender, and coordinates the look.


Cameo-031112_03


So I won't die of color boredom, I also incorporated this red portfolio.


Cameo-031112_04


Of course, if you can and/or want to wear Tangerine Tango, then go ahead. I would. It would have worked with the cloudy day when these pictures were taken: nothing better to counter the gloom.


Cameo-031112_05


Oh, and this is a bag from 5cm I bought in Hong Kong in 2006 (I think). When are the 5cm people in Manila going to stock the label's more interesting and androgynous stuff?

Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

halfwhiteboy said...

i love the color combination here. very nice.

http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/