Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back to work

Cameo-062613_01

Some say it's much harder to live during peace time, when things are not as clear. When enemies don't carry flags or bear any names. When there are no sirens to signal fear.


Cameo-062613_02

Boredom is the playground of the devil, as nuns would say. For me boredom is wasted silence.

Denim jacket, Rick Owens Drkshdw
Trousers, Gas
Sheer paisley shirt, thrifted
Belt, Brave Beltworks
Lace-ups (not seen), thrifted


Cameo-062613_03

There was a time when I used clothes as my armor. Black. White. Even red. Then all sorts of jackets. These days I am more in need of uniforms for unhampered work. Chinos. Blues. Denim.


Cameo-062613_04

Though this morning at work I really just needed a thicker-than-usual jacket for my sheer shirt.


Cameo-062613_05

I love everything about this dirty denim piece. Its structure reminds me of a straightjacket. (When nothing hangs loose, no marbles are lost.) Its color is where the sky meets mud.


Cameo-062613_06

It's time to break my back again. Bend words. Thread stones.


Cameo-062613_07

Harder still is to share my solitude.


Cameo-062613_08

So who's complaining?


No comments: