Friday, December 6, 2013

In the thick of things

Cameo-120613_01

Once I insisted that I didn't need to experience something to know it  but look where the curious cat in me has brought me.



Cameo-120613_02

There are just no rehearsals when it comes to life's biggest surprises. No planning any costume changes. No time even to document the BTS (behind the scenes).


Cameo-120613_03

Never did I expect many of the people who have stayed on (I would say endured) to become good friends.

Never did I expect that this crumpled, paper bag-looking jacket I thrifted would be so versatile and trustworthy.


Cameo-120613_04

Stubborn dogs can be the best companions (see François Marot logo).

Vinyl and leather envelope clutches are always good for laptops on the go.


Cameo-120613_05

Accidents move life along. 

Exactly what happened to my nylon sneakers at the middle of this shoot. Subsequently replaced by a leather pair before I left for work. (Don't you think they match better?)



Jacket, Dépèche, thrifted
Cotton shirt with coconut husk buttons, from Ritual
Trousers, 8mm x Workshop
Yellow leather belt, Liz Sport by Liz Claiborne, thirfted
Shoulder bag, American Eagle, thirfted
Tote, Monocle
Envelope clutch, François Marot
Nylon sneakers, Acne x Tretorn
Blue leather sneakers, Jil Sander


Cameo-120613_06

Amid all the unpredictability, I wouldn't be one to say "grin it and bear it". Just grin. Until two lightning bolt veins pop on your forehead.


Cameo-120613_07

Carry all things heavy. And make them appear light. While making funny faces.


No comments: