Monday, January 27, 2014

On the dot

Cameo_012714_01

On the red dot, to be more precise. I know I shouldn't have had these pics taken with a big zit right smack on the center of my nose, but I just wanted to share what I did and wore yesterday.


Cameo_012714_02

Heck, some people wouldn't even go out of their house. But it was family day and I really wanted to see my nephew (my parents' first grandchild).


Cameo_012714_03

No amount of hiding would have spared me the shame (not that I have much of that to begin with).


Cameo_012714_04

I couldn't slice it off with the triple-razor necklace I made just that morning (which I, by the way, still sell).


Cameo_012714_05

Even the funny little furball named Whiskey  who sat in front of me while Ate Lalin had to suddenly rush inside the house mid-shoot was eyeing me disapprovingly. So I meowed (I do a good meow) that distracted the vain bugger.


Cameo_012714_06

Looked the other way and tried to throw my voice, ventriloquist-style.


Tee, Folded & Hung
Cargo pants, Izzue
Orange braided belt, A.P.C.
Traditional cloth bag from Bangkok


Cameo_012714_07

Made tapping sounds with my lovely new-old sneaks I thrifted last Saturday to complete the ruse.


Cameo_012714_08

Poor Whiskey thought there was a hot cat on the tin roof.


Cameo_012714_09

Then I tried clinking the stainless steel razors for further distraction.


Cameo_012714_10

The necklace, by the way, also has a name: Dirae, one of the names of the Furies in mythology.


Cameo_012714_11

But it only took hard-to-please Whiskey, who on the record has yet to allow me to pet him, less than a minute to look away in disinterest.


Cameo_012714_12

Anyway, as I was saying: Sunday. I felt thrilled to finally see my sister's son, who was so small and fragile. He was smiling in his sleep, toothless. 


Cameo_012714_13

I noticed his long and slender fingers, which my Dad said meant that he would be an artist. You know how happy first-time grandparents are: prophesying like fairy godmothers.


Cameo_012714_14

My feelings shifted from sentimental to possessive, imagining what it would be like to be the little baby's godfather. 


Cameo_012714_15

Remembering my own childhood, I wouldn't want to impose anything. My thoughts didn't even have a chance to race ahead and imagine a career for my nephew.


Cameo_012714_16

I was still a bit stunned by the miracle of life. Big words, I know. Like hope, and love, and faith. All there in Elion's cradle.

In any case, he will grow up to have a mind of his own. One day to decide what to do with the miracle of life.


Cameo_012714_17

So many fuzzy and snuggly feelings in one day. I almost felt Whiskey saying: this too shall pass.


Cameo_012714_18

Before we know it, the baby will grow up into a kid and then into an adolescent cursed with zits.


No comments: