Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A line runs through it

Cameo-021114_01

Seasonally speaking, this first picture is awkward: my hair between just-right and too long, me holding a cap-turned-visor and wearing sneakers, me wearing a coat that is mid-length between jacket and trench which with my shirt is folded up to the elbow. Not to mention the dry and greenish leaves in the background. What's going on?


Cameo-021114_02

Besides Manila's usual iffy weather (celebrations of summer interrupted by clouds), it's Valentine's week. (Yes, for some couples it takes that long to prepare. In cameo on my cameo: Brandy the cat.)


Cameo-021114_03

Mind you, I'm not into segregating the singles from the couples. I say both singlehood and partnership are both very complicated.


Jacket, Iñigo Jones, thrifted
Shirt, Costume National
Trousers, 8mm x Workshop
Sneakers, Arnold Palmer, thrifted
Cap, Armani Exchange
Skinny belt (barely seen), A.P.C.


Cameo-021114_04

The same goes for the cat/dog-lover division: every caring and attentive pet owner knows that cats have very different personalities, just as do dogs. 


Cameo-021114_05

What I'm trying to say is, even if I'm very sure of my commitment and my feelings, they float like a solid boat on an uncertain sea.


Cameo-021114_06

Which is not to say that I'm not very happy.


Cameo-021114_07

I still see myself, every single day, looking into the future growing old with you. Wrinkling my face with both worry and laughter.


Cameo-021114_08

Which is to forever say: hats (or caps) off to love, which has and always will make the world go round.


Cameo-021114_09

At least according to Euclid.


No comments: