Thursday, February 27, 2014

Throw away Thursday

Cameo-022714_01

It is due to no small miracle that this page still exists, after the five long years since I published my first post on Blogger. 


Cameo-022714_02

Of course, I never did expect that readers would even be interested in what I had to say, given I'm not at all what one would call fashionable.


Cameo-022714_03

Thanks then for still visiting – for whatever reason – even if I no longer post reviews of fashion shows or scans of magazine editorials.


Shirt, thrifted
Jeans, Levi's
Blazer vest, Ziggy Savella
Beat-up laceups, Marlboro Classics
Belt from an Italian market


Cameo-022714_04

No, no, no. Don't think I'm being sentimental just because Thursdays call for throwbacks.


Cameo-022714_05

Neither am I being my usual judgmental self by casting stones on shallow consumerism.


Cameo-022714_06

It's just that, just that: I never really thought this blog would last that long. (Hell, even cats run away. Just as Ate Lalin has welcomed Whiskey and Brandy into our lives.)


Cameo-022714_07

Yes, I'm just surprised, and – fine – thankful as well.


Cameo-022714_08

Thanks that you have looked past my antics.


Cameo-022714_09

I know nothing about relevance, and pretend not to be at all important.


Cameo-022714_10

This is a vain diary, at best and after all. One that I am perfectly aware is looked at more than read.


Cameo-022714_11

I'm thankful as well that this medium has provided a venue between confession and performance.


Cameo-022714_12

The wind here is not strong enough to blow away the leaves in our backyard – slowly rotting as haphazard compost. 

But I like this amount of jest: just enough for an introduction to introspection. As fleeting and transparent as the best poetry ever published.


No comments: