Sunday, March 23, 2014

Laughter is the best antidote

Cameo-032214_01

This is what I wore last Friday – as much color as I could muster in fulfillment of an earlier promise.


Cameo-032214_02

As you may have noticed already, unlike other thirtysomething bloggers, mentioning my age is not a big deal for me.


Cameo-032214_03

Anti-aging creams and serums? Who needs them?


Cameo-032214_04

I say let your laugh lines show. Be proud of your crow’s feet.


Cameo-032214_05

Though you’ll see that worry has equally marked my large forehead.


T-shirt, Folded & Hung 
Denim vest, DIYed from a thrifted denim jacket 
Cargo pants, Izzue 
Belt (barely seen), A.P.C. 
Scarf, thrifted 
Sandals, thrifted 
Beanie, don’t remember (as usual)


Cameo-032214_06

My classmates in high school would tell you that in no way did I control both the volume of my laugh way back then – in fact, I think I actually formulated it in the same size that I believed my personality occupied (I was part of an angsty theater group).


Cameo-032214_07

Throughout the years, and the dramatically different phases in my life, my laugh has remained loud, though I wouldn’t say measured. As then, I don’t try to silence it. I am told that its volume still indicates my presence.


Cameo-032214_08

Big enough, I hope, to dispel any demons that wander in the air and might, at any time, decide to take root. Inhabit my outlook.


Cameo-032214_09

I say laugh from your belly and love from your gut, always remembering to keep a cool head on.


Cameo-032214_10

Not only malicious spirits, but ailments and tumors can feed on any unresolved resentment or unexpressed emotions.


Cameo-032214_11

Life is short. While I don’t prescribe going about it like an aimless clown or jester, I do suggest that we both embrace it and learn to let things go.


Cameo-032214_12

Walk in both light and shadow, laughter and sorrow.


Cameo-032214_13

Just like The Dark Knight’s The Joker, don’t be deceived by anything.


Cameo-032214_14

But don’t be driven mad by anything either.


No comments: