Saturday, March 15, 2014

The shaggy truth

Cameo-031514_01

The shaggy truth is, whenever I try to have any pictures taken at the front part of our house, Panda, my sister’s dog, will most probably be part of the images. You see the rusty, disentagrating part of the gate? Yup, that’s due to dog piss – Panda’s and his long deceased uncle, Brownie (don’t ask).


Cameo-031514_02

But while I wrestle with our territorial disputes, it also seems that my photographer for some months now, Ate Lalin, has grown tired of my face (hehehe). Honestly, it seems harder and harder to ask her to take decent pics. (Well, one couldn’t blame her; these days she’s more interested in capturing leaves and the sky, and of course Panda – forcing other elements into the picture.)


Cameo-031514_03

Yesterday morning was no different. You see, mornings (and afternoons and evenings, etc) are Panda’s set times for belly rubs. 


Cameo-031514_04

I wasn’t about to shoo him away just so I could take pics for the blog. (At least I have Ate Lalin more interested!)


Cameo-031514_05

Even if Panda and I don’t always agree on things.


Cameo-031514_06

The shaggy truth is I really like what I wore yesterday, and really hoped that both Panda and Ate Lalin cooperated.


Cameo-031514_07

Alas, you get what you get. And a photographer’s job is really just to document.


Cameo-031514_08

Here is Panda slowly easing his way into his belly rub.


Cameo-031514_09

Long-sleeved t-shirt, G200
Sheer tee, Oxygen
Fisherman’s pants from Aldevinco, Davao
Crocheted sandals, thrifted


Cameo-031514_10

You see my frustration.


Cameo-031514_11

Anyway, it’s a Saturday again! I can’t wait to sink my teeth into the weekend.


Cameo-031514_12

Even if shaggier truths – my inability to manage my time, my loss of focus – are always brushing against my side, it’s the weekend, so I’ll let things slide.


No comments: