Thursday, April 3, 2014

Making a statement

Cameo-040314_01

No better way to get over vacation hangover than to dress up. So, inspired by the boyfie, I put on a tie yesterday.


Shirt, Zara
Tie and trousers, thrifted
Belt, A.P.C.
Lace-ups, Doc Martens


Cameo-040314_02

As expected, I was asked at work why I was so dressed up.


Cameo-040314_03

The usual question being: do you have a job interview today?


Cameo-040314_04

I was even called “sir” by one of my colleagues.


Cameo-040314_05

Then I realized how effective the experiments conducted by Fantastic Man magazine were: people only notice what you’re wearing if you deviate from your own set routine.


Cameo-040314_06

I mean, if I wore ties every day, then suddenly didn’t wear one, I’m sure I’d get the same reaction. Now I’m thinking of trying my own little experiments…


Cameo-040314_07

Now you understand my comment about backpacks and dress shirts: shoulder bags really do avoid making more creases. (Cap for the summer sun. Good that it matches!)


Cap with removable crown, Armani Exchange
Bag, Fred Perry


Cameo-040314_08

I rarely wear this shirt since I had the cuff buttons removed. Wore it once with a tuxedo and cuff links.


Cameo-040314_09

Pardon the sweaty face. It really is harder to dress up in the summer season.


Cameo-040314_10

But in the tropics, there are more ways to deviate from routine while still staying presentable. Say, by using fabrics to make a statement…


No comments: