Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Off my high horse

Cameo-043014_01

Or in this case, a short household ladder. This is what I wore last Monday, when I was rushing off to work – I was late (so what else is new?).


Cameo-043014_02

So this is just a short note on both the apparent lack of comments on these pages and my apparent inability to gush.


Cameo-043014_03

Which is not entirely true: I can be really shallow at times. But yes, only because I choose to. Still, sincere is the adjective I would prefer to use.


Cameo-043014_04

Because I do not take time to explain or expound on my thoughts – believe me, I have tried before, only to have friends or family walk away depressed or more frustrated than before I approached them – people see me as unapproachable, or heaven forbid: snooty.


Cameo-043014_05

Though again, sometimes I really choose to. I can’t help it when I want my thoughts or sentiments to come out more concise. (The last thing I want to be on a menswear style diary is academic.)


Cameo-043014_06

Blame also my tendency to rhyme – makes said concise thoughts sound simpler. Though sometimes I don’t want to explain because I don’t want to divulge anything that personal, to risk these lines sounding like gossip.


Jacket, Muji
Shirt, SM Surplus
Jeans, Levi’s
Shoes, Sebago
Belt from Italy


Cameo-043014_07

Not that, as is, many of these posts aren't already deeply personal. Verging on the idiomatic airing out of dirty laundry.


Cameo-043014_08

If you can decipher which article of clothing is which. Though I secretly hope that those that actually read these entries are somehow rewarded or gratified by the seemingly rarefied prose.


Cameo-043014_09

In the end (because I really am at the end of this post), I make no effort to get off my high horse because there is always not enough time for digression, and I would rather gallop away to chase each fading sunset.


No comments: