Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Striped and stripped

Cameo-040914_01

I know. I’m wearing something neutral and boring again – despite my earlier promise to try to punch more color in the things I wear. But it’s just that I have so many things on my mind that I can’t afford them to bleed out their color.


Cameo-040914_02

I need my neutrals to sort things out. Believe it or not, to let things breathe (no matter how contradictory that may sound).

T-shirt, Ralph Lauren
Hoodie, Izzue
Pinstripe shorts, Topman
Belt, A.P.C.
Leather sneakers, Arnold Palmer, thrifted
Socks, Bossini


Cameo-040914_03

Let white be the air of silence between black’s deep ponderings – together forming alternating bands, aka stripes. 


Cameo-040914_04

Maybe that’s why I wore stripe on stripe on stripe earlier today for work (we’re allowed to wear shorts on holidays and weekends).


Cameo-040914_05

Sifting things through. In the language of Instagram: filtering. 


Cameo-040914_06

While at the same time keeping my mind absolutely clear. (Remembering that the strongest structures are crystalline, and that diamonds refract all colors.)


Cameo-040914_07

I might again say that I am biding my time. Delaying. Forgive me for the reticence, but it has been a 
difficult spring.


No comments: