Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Saturday night life

Cameo-050814_01

So still Saturday. Went home after gym to sleep and read. And I forget what else. Woke up with the intention to get some stuff at the grocery, but ended up staying home.


Cameo-050814_02

You know, after getting energized post-siesta and another shower, the mere act of dressing up again gives you energy.


Cameo-050814_03

Until that is, you get out of your bedroom, and the sweat begins dripping again (hence the previous pic’s face grease). After which I find the sky nearly overcast outside.


Cameo-050814_04

Things conspired to keep me indoors. I was so ready to go out! 


Cameo-050814_05

But as I have (I think) said, part of the reason behind my black and white and monochromatic outfit theme lately is that I was drawn to the edge of silence.


T-shirt, United Colors of Benetton
Jeans, Jil Sander
Braided belt, I forget (what else is new?)
Sandals, Kickers, thrifted
Bag, thrifted


Cameo-050814_06

Caught in the passage between black and white – this time there were no gray areas – there was only the compulsion to come clean.


Cameo-050814_07

Or to cleanse. 


Cameo-050814_08

Hence I stayed home to watch a movie in the company of my own solitude.


Cameo-050814_09

It was far from an exorcism. On the contrary, I again played the part of seance.


Cameo-050814_10

I let all the muted and muffled voices speak. Lifted all the small windows at their cells, slot enough for recognition and judgement. When the movie ended, the lights were out and I, as warden, was close to shaking.


No comments: