Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Striped sporty Saturday

Cameo-050714_01

This is what I wore last Saturday morning, before I headed to the gym.


Cameo-050714_02

Not that this is what I wore while training. Just felt stripey and jumpy, so I wore shorts. Even if it had nothing to do with Spidey’s disappointing movie. (The black-and-white tee would suit Two-Face more from Batman.)


Cameo-050714_03

T-shirt, Calvin Klein
Shorts, Topman
Belt, A.P.C.
Leather sneakers, Arnold Palmer, thrifted
Striped socks, Bossini
Scarf, SM Department Store
Bag, Fred Perry


Cameo-050714_04

The scarf I brought out for the occasional summer breeze, or drizzle, which came after too much precipitate sent up together with the moist air.


Cameo-050714_05

As mentioned earlier, I was ready for a road trip. Things took a different turn, so I decided to make the most of it.


Cameo-050714_06

Nothing like a workout to perk up the beginning of a day, which also threatened to get delayed because I decided to walk the way.


Cameo-050714_07

And you know how much I like walking, noticing things and taking notes and pictures.


Cameo-050714_08

Before I knew it, it was way past noon when I reached my destination.


Cameo-050714_09

Not that I didn’t enjoy myself in my meanderings.


Cameo-050714_10

Well, back to business. I decided on black, white, and monochrome as the theme for the week as a way to get back to basics (for the week of decisiveness can start anywhere one chooses). It was as if I had decided to set apart the dry leaves from the burnt, the fresh shoots from the stone.


Cameo-050714_11

Next weekend, I may need to do some literal “spring” cleaning again, as my closet is getting out of hand.


Cameo-050714_12

Even if you know where that leads: nostalgia and the effort to avoid waste and more expenses just lead to the classification of clothes instead of the expected discarding, which would be more true for poetry notes and lines of inspiration for new accessories than clothes.


Cameo-050714_13

I would rather buy more inventory than go shopping.


Cameo-050714_14

Of course I realize this post is rather late to talk about last Saturday when it is already the middle of the week. But what the heck! There is always room for self-criticism. Better to decide to let some things fade before it’s too late.


Cameo-050714_15

So many things to do, so many things to accomplish! Oh, this will be a long life yet!


No comments: