Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bright new dawn

Cameos_071714_01

I know the title sounds melodramatic, but I can’t help being ecstatic – I mean the lights just returned to our house two hours ago. Before the battery on my phone died yesterday, my heart sank looking at all the damage Rammasun wreaked on our countrymen.


Cameos_071714_02

So many of the posts were headlined “After the storm”. I prefer to wake up looking ahead. Of course, being realistic by starting with getting an objective assessment of what has been wrecked.


Cameos_071714_03

Then and only then can we, tirelessly – time and time again, set out a detailed plan on what needs to be done. Even if it has to be step by step.


Cameos_071714_04

Otherwise, it would have been so easy to sink into depression. To stay lying on the ground like the fallen trees scattered across the metropolis.


Cameos_071714_05

Oh the acacias and their shade! Many memories of my wanderings were documented under dappled shadows along avenues such as Buendia. But such is life; we need to cut off or uproot what cannot be salvaged. No other time to plant again than today.


Cameos_071714_06

No better moment than to start walking again than now.


Cameos_071714_07

Of course, it would be foolish not to set into place safeguards that would avoid future mishaps. You know what I mean when it comes to disaster relief. In my small, and perhaps relatively insignificant range of problems: these would mean always having my gadgets fully charged. As for our house: check potential leaks in advance!


Cameos_071714_08

Linen shirt, Crocodile
Trousers, Gas
Belt from an Italian market
Tasseled shoes, Dr Martens
Jacket, Dépèche Mode, thrifted
Beanie, I hope the winds return my memory


Cameos_071714_09

Have I already told you just how much I love this shade of tan? Really can’t recall either the last time I wore tasseled loafers. Must be in my childhood. Because I recall clicking them like a bell.


Cameos_071714_10

So. That should be all for now. As I said, lots of work needs to be done, now that the lights are back.


Cameos_071714_11

See you when I see you. Hope we all learned our lessons.


Cameos_071714_12

Happy forward-looking throwback Thursday, everyone!


No comments: