Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Freshly squeezed

Cameo-071614_01

It is early morning, Wednesday. As I’m writing this, the typhoon Glenda (international name: Rammasun) has touched down the Southern Tagalog, which borders Metro Manila and includes the capital’s suburbs. 

Probably before I finish this post Rammasun would have hit full-gale outside my bedroom window. Couldn’t sleep because of the noise outside. Soon the winds will be carrying more rainfall. An hour or two ago there were only faint sounds of window hinges and loose objects. Now I’m half-expecting cats. 


Preview of another look below:

Cameo-071614_15


Cameo-071614_02

Of course, my title is hopeful: after writing this and sleeping again for a few hours, I will wake up to at least semi-clear morning sun. 


Cameo-071614_03

Then I will sit down to breakfast swimming up my still-moist dreams to face my plate and what’s served.


Cameo-071614_04

Amazing that I can hear birds singing through the rain. The songs seem almost  as racy as the naked women barely hidden behind my leafy-patterned tee. Indecent amidst the worry of people, who like me, are worried about the impending floods and possible (knock on wood) accidents.


Cameo-071614_05

Of course, many are sound asleep. Their gadgets and powerbanks fully charged and still plugged. Ever the boy scout.


Cameo-071614_06

It is officially the middle of the week. That’s why this page deserves a look at last weekend as a way of anticipating the next.


Cameo-071614_07

T-shirt, Bershka
Cargo shorts, Lee
Jacket, Sisley
Boots, Couber G, thrifted
Backpack, Team Manila
Belt, barely seen, A.P.C.
Beanie, nope still don’t remember
Watch, Tissot


Cameo-071614_08

Oh but to dream! I am half in, half about to fall asleep. With my single-cup coffee’s caffeine fading.


Cameo-071614_09

As I mentioned before, the reason why I liked this print – among all the typical Hawaiian prints – was because of the lovely ladies.


Cameo-071614_10

After lunch last Saturday, not to mention after window browsing, I went home to do some work then changed to jeans.


Cameo-071614_11

I am sitting on the steel ladder that once led to our backyard’s water tank. The don’t remember where the frames came from. A mix of leaves and sand and gravel as I now yawn.


Cameo-071614_12

Now, though yellow may not be so agreeable, orange, tan, ochre, and rust – shaded by green – are nearer my territory.


Cameo-071614_13

Which is brown. Brother to gray, as ash is sister to soil.


Cameo-071614_14

Sandals, Marlboro Classics
Printed pajama top used as jacket, tied to waist, thrifted


Cameo-071614_15

Sweet dreams! May the rest of today begin with songs sung through lemon and honey. 


No comments: