Sunday, July 13, 2014

Into the light

Cameo-071314_01

I wore this thickish short-sleeved shirt last Monday. Not wanting to chuck it straight into the hamper, I decided to use it as my jacket by the end of the week.


Cameo-071314_02

Sometimes the days crowd like clouds and form a veil. Good at times when the sorrow we feel coincides with the rain.


Cameo-071314_03

Short-sleeved shirt, Bossini, thrifted
Henley, Zara
Jeans, Bench
Belt from an Italian market 
Leather sneakers, Arnold Palmer, thrifted
Beanie, honestly I still can’t remember


Cameo-071314_04

But more often, I am the type to easily feel suffocated. Claustrophobic. The light within and on the other side seeks to punch through the pall.


Cameo-071314_05

As much as I am a creature of the night, whenever I come out of my self-inflicted trances or seances, I need to dismiss the darkness with the dead.


Cameo-071314_06

Good thing that I do not like to dwell.


Cameo-071314_07

Otherwise I would be that lonely old fisherman who has forgotten that he came from land.


Cameo-071314_08

I know, such serious thoughts for a Sunday! Need to cleanse the detritus from the previous week – not to mention the past few months – before I can proceed fresh to face the new week.


No comments: