Thursday, July 3, 2014

Prelude to an end, part 2

Cameo-070314_01

So now on to the second and last overdue entry (with pictures taken in May but posted just this July). Coincidentally, this was also the last time that our backyard was as spacious – as I look out my bedroom window, writing this, construction materials such as hollow blocks, gravel, and wooden frames obscure my view. A new room is being added to the house. Whose it will be is still under question.

Cameo-070314_02

By tomorrow and early next week, I will need to post pictures with a different background. Which kind of makes sense, since I talked about a sharper perspective in my previous post.

Fashion-wise, don’t you just love the stripes on these gray trousers? I think I intentionally wore them without a belt just to match the pattern with my pullover (worn with no shirt underneath).


Cameo-070314_03

During my absence on these pages, the owners of the lot to our right finished construction of a strip of apartments, someone was dismissed from our household, and a lot of commotion was caused in the neighborhood.


Cameo-070314_04

That’s all I am willing to divulge. Ask Brandy the orange-and-white cat who likes to cuddle if you want to know more. (“Cats are half-in, half-out anyway…”)


Cameo-070314_05

I have to hurry and finish writing this before the workers come back to resume construction. Looking at these pictures, I suddenly miss the late-morning and early-afternoon light that only shines strongly through our tamarind tree in the first and last quarters of the year. Now the rainy season has cast its indecisive gloom.


Cameo-070314_06

Now is also the season to fix my finances. Thankfully, new opportunities continue to come in. Need to keep myself busy busy busy.


Cameo-070314_07

It is also sale season on online shopping networks. Oki-Ni and Menlook are worth a visit (up to a dizzying 70% off on Spring 2014 items).


Cameo-070314_08

As for myself, I can only cross my fingers and hope that my favorite items at the nearest brick-and-mortar archive store are still available come payday. As trite as it may sound, I need new clothes to cover myself after shedding old skin.


Pullover, Gap
Trousers, Zara, thrifted
Leather sneakers, Fred Perry


No comments: