Friday, July 4, 2014

Raining again

Cameo-070414_01

Woke up two-thirds before three. Though it would be more informative to say 2:20am, don’t you like the triple-T sound? Anyway, this is the punishment I get for sleeping so damned early. Can’t help it if I got so tired after traversing a stretch of shin-deep floodwater before finally reaching the house and scrubbing myself clean right before dinner.



Cameo-070414_02

A good sign though that my body clock is back to its five-hour count. (Not too good for my heart though, I’ve been told.) Glancing at the news before I left work last night, I knew that a tropical depression mildly grazed the country before it decided to leave north.


Cameo-070414_03

Oh boy, if only I could focus as intensely on whatever it is that bothers me then release with as much abandon. But in the first place, depression would be unbecoming.


Cameo-070414_04

Though I would say my intensity lately has forced me, for the first time, to fully appreciate the benefits of jasmine tea (instead of coffee) in the morning.


Cameo-070414_05

So yeah. Not to be misleading, this is not what I wore yesterday, but I wore last Wednesday. With the exception that I traded the sky blue windbreaker for something with a waistband (in cornflower blue).


Cameo-070414_06

Donning a beanie because my hair is in transition. I usually remove it when I get to work, the mix of wax and gel settled, my hair would be nicely molded (pretending that it was wavy instead of straight).


Cameo-070414_07

Though here’s a secret: while some of my colleagues wear headphones, using their personal music to zone out and focus, I have found that pulling my beanie fully over my ears muffles unwanted chatter.


Cameo-070414_08

Though I would still fully remove my head piece because it either makes me feel claustrophobic or feel out of balance (not that need to dance while I edit stories). Sometimes I simply want my head and hair to breathe. Also the reason why, though I wear raincoats and hoodies, I prefer to use an umbrella over my head when it rains.


Windbreaker, Muji
Polo shirt, Y-3
Navy semi-stretch chinos, Giordano
Skinny leather belt, A.P.C.
Leather sneakers, Jil Sander
Beanie, 5cm


No comments: