Friday, July 11, 2014

Riddled with dreams

Cameo-071014_01

I love the double meaning of the word “riddle”. Imagine a firing squad. And a surreal metal bucket sentenced, say for the death of nursery rhyme characters Jack and Jill. After the command, bullets puncture the tin. But instead of water, what spills are whispered sweet nothings between Jack and another girl, who say, goes by the name of Janet. The scene is filled with their hushed voices as they plot to murder Jill, get away with it, and live happily ever after.


Cameo-071014_02

I wonder what is more painful: the riddling of the bucket, or the discovery, by say, Jill’s bereaved family, of Jack’s betrayal. Isn’t the imagination the greater riddler?


Cameo-071014_03

Could having too many aspirations in life be too draining?


Cameo-071014_04

There was once a time I dreamed of being a lawyer, after my grandfather. And spurned on by the early novels of John Grisham.


Cameo-071014_05

Much, much later I also fancied myself as an advertising creative. I wonder if having either career, both taxing but at least more straightforward, could have made me more focused.


Cameo-071014_06

Any happier? I wouldn’t know.


Cameo-071014_07

Who knows what coping mechanism I would’ve abused if I weren’t.


Cameo-071014_08

Short-sleeved shirt, Francis Libiran for Myth
Pullover, Zasum
Jeans, Jil Sander
Belt, A.P.C.
Lace-ups, Doc Martens
Socks, Uniqlo


Cameo-071014_09

Here’s some trivia before I move on: when I was a kid, according to my mom, whenever I’d hit my head against the wall or some piece of furniture (because only God knows what I was doing or trying to do), I’d lose consciousness. Of course, as a responsible parent, my mom would panic and bring me to the doctor. Nothing was wrong (now, don’t contradict me here, haha), thank heavens! Though my stylist/barber would have a difficult time cutting my hair because my head is full of bumps and ridges.


Cameo-071014_10

Now I’d be the one to say it: maybe my solitary adventures as a child was really beneficial; maybe my little accidents activated some hidden part – some lobe or part of a cortex – that makes me think this way. Crazy, who’s crazy? Everything’s scientific!


Cameo-071014_11

Anyway, my apologies for being (seemingly) scatter-brained. I blame Friday for stimulating my lifelong ADHD. In any case, after everything that’s happened to me, things still follow a plan.


Cameo-071014_12

Trousers, G2000
Beanie, 5cm


Cameo-071014_13

No straight path, for sure. Good thing, that as a child, I enjoyed connect the dots!


No comments: