Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday with Michael Bastian

Cameos_081114_01

I was really thinking of headlining this post with “Muffin Monday”, but am not that self-deprecating. Even if my paunch is noticeable enough for such a label, and my trousers vie to be called “daddy duds”.


Cameos_081114_02

To my credit, I’ve gone back to the gym after a two-month absence. And am not making any more excuses (you know, like, more work for my accessories biz).


Cameos_081114_03

But I digress too much. The polo shirt I am wearing is by a collaboration between Michael Bastian and Uniqlo, which is by far becoming my favorite affordable brand for basics. (Yes, Muji, you gotta step up your game.)

Cameos_081114_04

I’ve read about and seen the clothes online, but only got the chance to fit them when I happened to pass by SM Megamall’s new Fashion Hall last Saturday. (The first time I was able to visit the annex.)


Cameos_081114_05

My surprise at seeing Michael Bastian for Uniqlo (the clerks say more pieces from the line are available at SM Megamall than at SM Aura) doubled when I found out that Uniqlo also holds limited weekend offers.


Cameos_081114_06

According to the cheerful staff certain reductions were only offered till yesterday, which included the Bastian collab and cute t-shirts that featured patterns and prints from artists such as Keith Haring and Yayoi Kusama (Uniqlo’s special edition collab with MoMA).


Cameos_081114_07

You can imagine me scrambling to fit as many items in less than an hour (had to get back home to do, as I said, more work on accessories). Could only bring four items at a time to the dressing room. Needless to say, I lugged a basketful of items to the counter.


Cameos_081114_08

The price points were more than reasonable, given the high quality of the fabrics, the design, and the good fit. (Got the Michael Bastian polo shirts for P590 each.) I just need to keep away from Uniqlo so I can keep to my budget. But thank you for making my basics more interesting!


Polo shirt, Michael Bastian x Uniqlo
Trousers, Zara
Belt from an Italian market
Denim jacket, Cyber Jeans, thrifted
Beanie, thrifted


No comments: