Saturday, August 9, 2014

Sombre sitting

Cameos_080814_01

So this is what I wore yesterday, on casual Friday. I say sombre because it’s time for a break in color and return to my monochromatic element.


Cameos_080814_02

Sitting because I find myself, well, just sitting through my cameos for the past few months.


Cameos_080814_03

Though I’m smiling here (really have no choice since I have no jawline or high cheekbones), I still feel sad over the cutting of this tall and elegant palm, which I planted more than a decade ago.


Cameos_080814_04

Though raglan is usually associated with baseball and softball, there is certainly nothing soft about contemplation.

Cameos_080814_05

I almost didn’t get out of bed this morning because I just didn’t feel like it.


Cameos_080814_06

Sometimes I think overthinking has its toll – that being bipolar is more about the body and brain’s way of forcing my head to rest and relax after all the gnashing and gnawing. 


Cameos_080814_07

But I don’t think I’ll ever give it up. Chemical imbalance be damned! (Sorry, but I have less sympathy for those who are not intellectually strong enough to deal with depression and mood swings.)


Cameos_080814_08

Who says psychological misfits aren’t our genetic pools’ way of evolving?


Cameos_080814_09

It’s not easy striving to be original. Refusing to be deadened by the zombie tri-media shaking tired ideas to resurrection. Even if it means cutting an ear off.


Raglan, Uniqlo
Jeans, Neil Barrett
Sneakers, Fred Perry
Cardigan (tied), Muji
Beanie, 5cm


No comments: