Monday, August 25, 2014

Whirlwind weekend

Cameos_082514_01

It seems a lot has happened since these pictures were taken last Friday.


Cameos_082514_02

The most obvious of which is that I have finally been able to get a haircut. Now I no longer have to wear a beanie and my bangs no longer poke my eyes – my aspirations for a hipster slick back be damned!


Cameos_082514_03

Say hello to my new old Getta Grip boots, which if I’m not mistaken is one of the lines of Dr Martens.


Cameos_082514_04

I thrifted this Beams Plus coated canvas and suede bag on the same day as the shoes – on the holiday last Thursday.


Cameos_082514_05

Bought the bag at a neighborhood used goods store, which was surprisingly spacious, not to mention well-edited.


Cameos_082514_06

Unlike the the weekend, which was jammed packed of activities (not that they weren’t planned in advance).


Cameos_082514_07

Went back to my favorite places in Quiapo and Divisoria to restock on components for my jewelry business, and to buy newfound stones and baubles. I always make it a point to wear boots whenever I rush through the crowded streets of Manila so I wouldn’t be too precious about what I’m stepping on.


Cameos_082514_08

Saturday night was movie date night with the boyfie, while I went to the office on Sunday afternoon before proceeding to Greenhills after for more sourcing. Yes, you could say the weekend is just like the Beams bag I thrifted – packed and brimming with things.


Cameos_082514_09

Though I wouldn’t advise brisk walking while breaking in a pair of Dr Martens – ouch!


Cameos_082514_10

Needless to say I was almost running a fever while editing stories yesterday afternoon because I lacked sleep. At least I hit the sack once I returned home from Greenhills, where I think I should take the boyfie to do the bargaining and haggling for me.


Cameos_082514_11

Now I’m slightly more refreshed – still a bit dizzy, but ready for even more work: today, Monday, is another holiday and I’ve committed to report to the office since few colleagues wanted to go.


Cameos_082514_12

I could stick my tongue out in exhaustion, but all I have is gratitude. 

Notice that the bag is lined with plaid? As I mentioned on Instagram, I really love the Japanese for thinking about my every compartmental need.


Cameos_082514_13

I posted a link on Facebook to an article by Time on conscientiousness, which according to scientists is the single most valuable trait for success.


Cameos_082514_14

Of course, towards the end of the piece, I was half-expecting a warning that even self-destructive people can be thorough in their delusion and neurosis. But then I don’t think Time thought about me while doing their research.


Cameos_082514_15

I have to get going. This is what I get for writing To Do lists and actually ticking off most of the entries.


Cameos_082514_16

Glad that I’ll be hopping on a plane tomorrow bound for Davao for my grandmother’s birthday week. I sorely miss the beach!


Cameos_082514_17

Hope I can raise my feet to relax while I, expectedly, hold an accessories trunk show. 

Happy Heroes’ Day!


Polo shirt, Uniqlo x Michael Bastian
Jeans, Uniqlo
Belt from an Italian market
Boots, Dr Martens, thrifted
Bag, Beams Plus, thrifted
Beanie, 5cm


No comments: