Thursday, September 25, 2014

Framed and (nearly) unconvinced

Cameos_092514_01

So hello again. Hope you didn’t miss me that much (not that I presume many actually even read this).


Cameos_092514_02

My apologies for being absent for nearly a week. The storm last week hit hard enough to derail not just my schedule, but my health and my sanity.

Good thing is I’m back, right? Hopefully I’ll be able to post all the new stainless steel necklaces for Bosquejo this week, and also edit the pictures from our shoot two weekends ago.


Cameos_092514_03

Here is one of them, which I am naming (until further changes) “Frame Tag”. Remember all those stainless steel razor necklaces I sold years (what already seems like ages) ago? Well, some of the blades came in frames, which I have decided to turn, with the addition of likewise stainless nuts, into dog tag pendants. Neat, huh?


Cameos_092514_04

I must have mentioned so many delays in the things I have planned in my life on these pages that I must already be boring you, my dear readers.


Cameos_092514_05

But life goes on, and I am (mostly, with the exception of momentary despair) relentless. Just like the Furies after which my razor necklaces were named. (Remember what Dream said about them in The Sandman?)


Cameos_092514_06

Anyway, it feels like Friday, even though it’s only a Thursday. The heavens were merciful enough to speed up “3G” mobile service  on my phone so I can pass on connection to my laptop. (Must have our useless broadband disconnected today.)


Cameos_092514_07

I keep on staring and staring at this necklace. Kinda hard to pinpoint exactly what I like about it – because I do. But then that is the point, isn’t it? It’s the space that the blades left that makes the pendant so appealing. (No, I’m not going to use the fashion-coined adjective Margielic, which I hate.)


Cameos_092514_08

I can hear vehicles outside as I write this. Further beyond, roosters tardily crowing.


Cameos_092514_09

Shirt, Dunhill, thrifted
Jeans, Uniqlo
Belt with hammered metal buckle, Structure, thrifted
Silk pullover, Azalea, thrifted
Leather sneakers, Jil Sander
"Frame Tag" stainless steel necklace, Bosquejo


Cameos_092514_10

Each day is indeed a blank slate. No matter how similar they may look. Anything can happen.


Cameos_092514_11

Good morning! It’s time for my second cup of coffee.


No comments: