Friday, October 17, 2014

The death of me

Cameos_101714_01

I must have mentioned somewhere sometime in August that I would be selling my Bosquejo accessories on my own Zalora Marketplace boutique. Well, after a long delay, I have just uploaded pictures for the first piece, which I am wearing in these cameos.


Cameos_101714_02

Say hello to Yorick, which I named after the skull in Shakespeare’s play Hamlet.


Cameos_101714_03

Seems apt that the first necklace I put up is skeletal, since Halloween is arriving soon. (I love how the wind sweeps my forever unkempt hair in this picture.)


Cameos_101714_04

Took me forever to start posting products on the Zalora Marketplace because I had to, apart from editing pictures for my Bosquejo website, come up with interesting captions.


Cameos_101714_05

Below is what I wrote for the Yorick Steel Skull Necklace:

A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: death. We may not have known Yorick as well as Hamlet did, but our fascination with mortality is as universal as Shakespeare’s lines. Wear the Yorick Steel Skull Necklace on black, if you like. It goes well against any color and on every pattern. Keep it close to your heart as a reminder of life.


Cameos_101714_06

Hopefully the people at Zalora will approve the format and the text today (crossing my fingers), so I could see how my page would look like and then proceed to upload several more necklaces (am reissuing old favorites and introducing a lot of simple stainless steel pieces, which I can't wait to show you).

For once, I can say that I delivered on my word. Feels good to actually finish something, so I can slash it out from my rather lengthy To Do list. You know, the one I plan to finish before I join Yorick.

Happy Friday, dear readers!


Micro-checkered shirt, Ben Sherman
Jeans, Uniqlo
Belt from an Italian market
Tasseled slip-ons, Dr Martens
Yorick Steel Skull Necklace, Bosquejo


Photos by Jullian Medoza

No comments: