Wednesday, November 12, 2014

November nuance

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_110714_01

So I've just received news that the laptop I ordered in Hong Kong has already arrived at my aunt's. Yay! That means I can blog more regularly and don't have to pester my mom or my sister to borrow their own gadgets. 

I really don't recall when these pictures were taken. Seems like ages ago.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_110714_02

Yes, I've been a very busy bee beading and designing accessories in time for the Christmas season. Shown above is the necklace version of the Little Deaths Bracelet that sold out two years ago.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_110714_03

To be fair, I did draft a business plan for Bosquejo years ago, but many interruptions and delays have held the brand back. Hopefully, I can get it going. I have a feeling next year is the year for expansion.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_110714_04

Besides the arrival of a new Macbook Pro, the carpenters at home have also just finished the two shelves that I commissioned. Am downright giddy just thinking about organizing the piles of books that have made my room into a bodega. 

Once the piles clear and the books stand upright, it will be easier for me to refer back to the stories, poems, news releases, photographs, etc that have influenced not only the way I think and write, but also how they have formed my seemingly haphazard aesthetic.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_110714_05

My mind palace approximately transformed into a tangible library, which, no matter how I deny its physical necessity, will be a huge help in looking at things more objectively. How do they say it in finance – to look at things with a "long view"?

The piece above I named the Orbital Galaxy Necklace. Inspired of course by the Infinity Gauntlet comics series. Such a tiny, minimalist object to signify a maximalist, megalomanic perspective.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_110714_06

So where am I writing this now? At work, of course, where a lot of things have likewise happened – from a hiking, swimming, and singing Saturday road trip to confronting impeding business challenges.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_110714_07

I won't deny that keeping myself offline has been more than pleasant – better to keep my focus on the work on hand. But soon, this diary of sorts will also need to make way for a more intimate form of expression.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_110714_08

So I guess that's it for a brief update. Back to work!


Shirt, Topman
Jeans, Uniqlo
Brogues, thrifted
Belt, Structure, thrifted
Socks, Blacksocks
Accessories, Bosquejo


No comments: