Thursday, December 11, 2014

The right fit

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_121114_01

This is what I wore yesterday to go out, even if I didn’t have to report to work (on leave the entire week). This is the second Uniqlo +J shirt I’ve worn (first one here: Into the light) and am pretty much still in love with the high-quality fabric (120 thread count Egyptian cotton – Uniqlo’s labor practices are another matter, though) and fit.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_121114_02

Also broke in these Dr Martens Elizabeth brogues with detachable flaps, which I’ve been eyeing for months now at a local store (found them on sale at about half the original price). The pair came with a Made in England tag, which brought my attention to details in Dr Martens' company history, outsourcing structure, and the implications of competition and globalization.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_121114_03

Still have a slight (huge for fitness fanatics) paunch I need to work on. Fastfood, potato chips, cookies, sweets, and Christmas bingeing be damned! (At least I can still breathe in the size small shirt!)


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_121114_04

The Elizabeth brogues are actually for women, but I don’t mind. I love the triple tongue detachable flaps! (Will post pictures of how the pair looks like as a normal brogue by and by).


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_121114_05

My quads are getting bigger because of regular visits to the gym and because of my insistence on increasing the weight for leg presses and squats. Before long, I may need to look for more tapered pairs – or conversely work more on my lower legs (which may make me look more squat).


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_121114_06

I took the week off to attend to overdue matters at home – fix my bedroom (shelves for books and spring cleaning for clothes) and my workplace (for accessory designing and making). But more importantly, I need to write out a personal curriculum. Or how I plan to go about reading and researching through all the books that I have amassed over the years. Reread and revise the poems I have written. Yes, it seems that work never ends.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_121114_07

Don’t laugh, but I also have these Bench jeans in black, which got distressed (read: ripped) in an unfortunate place. I won’t say where, but I blame my leg days at the gym. Come to think of it, Muji has sweats-like trousers (slacks cum pajamas) that I must try out.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_121114_08

Fortunately, I have already crossed out many items on this week’s obsessive-compulsive To Do list – enough, at least, to not drive me to depression due to my inefficiency. Tomorrow, though, I plan to devote mostly to things that I cannot rush or hurry: reading (Mondiano’s Nobel lecture is already out, in case you are interested) and writing. 

Does literature make me happiest? I have no immediate answer for that. Some things cannot be resolved by reason – only written out.


Shirt, +J by Uniqlo
Jeans, Bench
Belt, Izzue
Brogues, Dr Martens


No comments: