Tuesday, January 6, 2015

A time for everything

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_010614_01

I am in no way religious in the common meaning of the word. I have my own form of prayer and meditation, which unfortunately do not prevent me from cursing people and wishing very bad things to happen to them. Maybe I haven’t really learned enough wisdom from the personally acknowledged source of doctrines (not dogma), papal encyclicals, and the many books of the bible, which as a single piece of writing packs a killer punch.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_010614_02

I still intend to read it from cover to cover. Another item to tick off in my 2015 To Do list is to compile and organize a personal reading curriculum that needs to be divided in courses, which I’m sure will span a few years. How else to accomplish reading objectives?


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_010614_03

Of the bible’s books, my favorite poets seem to agree that the book of Ecclesiastes is the richest source of wisdom. Not the easiest, if one really gets down to analyzing the passages and their implications. The most famous chapter, the third (from which I derive the title of this post), was crafted so perfectly that it has inspired many songwriters to quote or paraphrase entire chunks of it.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_010614_04

If there is one thing that I have learned in my limited thirty three years, it is that I need to be more calm and patient if I want to accomplish everything that I want to accomplish. Wisdom is not instant, and the equanimity of Ecclesiastes is the product of constant struggle.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_010614_05

There is a time for everything. Everything in its own time. Anything premature will not last.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_010614_06

Difficult things to practice and live by in these fast times, where everything is demanded in an instant.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_010614_07

Thesis and anthesis, true and false, good and bad: how else to determine what is worthwhile and otherwise than to explore both sides?


Camouflage cardigan, Take Five
Supima cotton t-shirt, Uniqlo
Shorts, Workshop
Sandals, Kickers, thrifted


No comments: