Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Leaving things to chance

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_022415_01

Remember those social media posts claiming that years like 2015 with the month of May having five Fridays, five Saturdays, and five Sundays occur only once in every 823 years? Well, I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who received the “news” with skepticism.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_022415_02

I’ve never put stock in anything superstitious. Never liked doing things just for the sake of “it won’t hurt doing them”. 


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_022415_03

If anything, I’m a slave to logic and analysis – to a fault. 


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_022415_04

I’ve been called cold, insensitive, and callous.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_022415_05

But for those like me who are trying to run a business, I prefer to think and act – even if that requires lots of trial and error.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_022415_06

What I am trying to say, outfit-wise is that denim is my go-to workwear. No, I’ve grown tired relying on all-black looks to furnish me with my armor. Though frankly speaking I’m still looking for that signature ensemble that will be more or less my uniform: what will make it easier to dress every morning, while weighing or going though the work at hand in my mind.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_022415_07

1. Yes, I don’t like wearing socks, even if I should since I walk a lot. 

2. I also always need a jacket, cardigan, or pullover since I almost always feel cold at the office.

3. I prefer loafers and lace-ups with rubber soles. Boots and sandals come at a close second. Third are leather sneakers. I may well have to strike off trainers from my list.

4. I think I need more denim, Oxford shirts, chinos, and leather belts to straighten up or tighten overall looks.

5. Hats don’t suit me.

6. I need big bags. Just one. Or two, including an on-hand tote.

Another list-as-excuse for another shopping spree? More "essentials"? May well be.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_022415_08

But to end, I must say that to balance all my precision, I need to close my eyes and venture out into the unknown. Need to feel through things to determine what feels right – and not just when I am reading and writing poetry. All that manic organization to keep my instinct in check. Or rather, to make sure that something useful results from it.


Denim jacket, Cyber Jeans, thrifted
Shirt, + J by Uniqlo
Jeans, Cheap Monday
Loafers, Cole Haan
Belt, Izzue
Bendita Blue Stone Bracelet, Bosquejo


No comments: