Monday, February 16, 2015

Liminal lunar year

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_021615_01

I still can’t believe the second month of the year is half over – at least according to the Roman calendar. Despite the negative predictions of feng shui masters, this year has been pretty good thus far for me.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_021615_02

Though I have elephants on my Michael Bastian for Uniqlo polo shirt, I was born on the year of the rooster, or cock, if you want to sound cocky. I suppose that’s why misfortune has been predicted for me: I am wary of the stubborn goat, or sheep, if you prefer something more wooly. 


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_021615_03

Though I think I can claim to be persevering and hardworking, I do tend to rely on my gut and instinct – even if I take it for granted every now and then – which is why I can be indecisive.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_021615_04

Of course, I prefer to call myself calculating, with the indecision only a result of my preference for thinking things through before making a decision.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_021615_05

Mind you, I can think five, or even ten steps, ahead. Though my impulsiveness remains my greatest failing. (Yes, I am aware of my own contradictions, but will never apologize for them.)


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_021615_06

It takes supreme effort to keep calm and master equanimity. As it were, like finding worms in the earth.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_021615_07

But I see through things. You can say through the dark.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_021615_08

Though metal is my element, it is forged sharp by the sun.


Polo shirt, Uniqlo x Michael Bastian
Shorts, Workshop
Fabric belt, Bossini
Dock shoes, Sebago
Cashmere cardigan (tied around waist), +J by Uniqlo
Avatar Lapis Lazuli Bracelet, Bosquejo


No comments: