Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Letter from the past

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042815_01

My first thought at seeing the mail room of the apartment was a bit comical: I don’t think those little drawers will have enough space for my usual packages!


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042815_02

For my little shoot at the parcel room, I was wearing a cute pendant that I sourced a bit of time ago. I promptly named it the “Insta Camera Pendant Necklace”.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042815_03

Though I don’t think I will be writing and mailing any handwritten letters any time soon, it is worth noting that before I got my first smartphone (with its useful notes apps), I wrote all my poetry drafts longhand. Rewrote and revised in the same way.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042815_04

Besides being therapeutic, writing with a pen in a way commits things to memory – even validates them.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042815_05

Sad though that most paper correspondence I receive in the mail are utility and credit card bills.


T-shirt, Uniqlo
Trousers, Y-3
Knit cardigan, tied, Uniqlo
Shoes, Dr Martens
Belt from an Italian market
Insta Camera Pendant Necklace, Bosquejo


No comments: