Friday, April 24, 2015

Sky views

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042415_01

No, I’m not angry in this picture. Even in the shade, I squint at the sun. I was probably impatient with my photographer because, as usual, I was in a rush to run to the gym right before reporting for work.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042415_02

These images were taken almost ten days ago, when I was still living in our family house closer to the ground.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042415_03

Now I’m 18 floors above. You’re not the only one tired of street-level, front-of-gate or front-of-car cameos.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042415_04

Thankfully, our apartment unit faces the morning sun. 


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042415_05

Hopefully, this view of the city will inspire me to dig into my notes and scrunch through revisions of my city poems.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042415_06

Though I have the sneaking suspicion that for the next month or two, I’ll be looking for a nice shelf for the books and magazines that I brought. That and beating a contract deadline.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042415_07

Hell, we’ll only be here for a year. Come April next year, house renovations should be done.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_042415_08

Still getting used to using the elevator several times a day just to get out and get to my room. Of course, the view more than compensates. Who knows, by the time we need to move out again I’ll be moving in to another view.


Batik shirt from Aldevinco, Davao
Trousers, Giordano
Belt from an Italian market
Shoes, Dr Martens
Japura bracelets, Bosquejo


No comments: