Thursday, May 21, 2015

Purple pleasures

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_01

I didn’t really realize that it’s almost been a month since my last post. So hey, I’m still here! Still careless and unkempt and in between visits to the barber/salon.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_02

I must have woken up from a short nap before these pics were taken (hence the sleep marks on my arm). You see, summer has been really warm here in Manila. Easy to force one to slow down and just lounge somewhere cold.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_03

Though I’ve been busy as ever. Quieter, true. Which is just how I like things.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_04

I have the new environment to thank for a change of view. More work over at my day job, more sleep, more time with my thoughts.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_05

Am finally finishing a book I started reading years ago – a collected book of poetry, a life’s work – and I’m in elegy territory.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_06

I’ve been collecting notes for so long, and my notebook of thoughts and observations is bulging at the seams, so I hope you don’t mind me being absent every now and then on these pages.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_07

Different matters to attend to, different things that require varying levels of attention.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_08

I do hope I can keep up the momentum. I’ve never been more comfortable in my own skin.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_09

Which is not to say that things aren’t hard – I mean writing, or designing accessories, or concentrating on work.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_10

I find that the more I focus on one thing, the more I am convinced that I should conclusively abandon others.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_052115_11

But now is not the time for livid pronouncements. For now, let’s just say how interested I am that a single color could be attributed to bruises, wine, or an eggplant – of all things – at the same time.


T-shirt and socks, Uniqlo
Shorts, Lee Jeans
Jacket (tied), Uniqlo, thrifted
Boots, Dr Martens, thrifted
Midas Pyrite and Skull Bead Bracelet, Bosquejo


Photos by Jullian Mendoza


No comments: