Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Going places

El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_01

So I’ve finally put up my own online portfolio. Hope you can drop by www.miguelpaolocelestial.com when you get the time. Most of my published magazine articles have been scanned and uploaded, plus the main page is better for tracking all my other pursuits (hint: the “store” button might lead to somewhere else soon).


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_02

This is what I wore last Saturday when I watched X-Men: Apocalypse with the boyfie. Now he’s excited to read up on the Dark Phoenix saga.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_03

As usual, so many things are happening at the same time that I’m barely able to cope.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_04

Colleagues moving on to greener pastures, continuous self-education in all sorts of fields. Am I going somewhere?


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_05

Only time can really answer that question.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_06

Half-blindingly hiking through the dark: isn’t that what most of us feel?


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_07

Don’t you just love the new backpack I got from Jansport? I swear, it was by pure coincidence that it matched what I was wearing on the day I bought it.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_08

Doesn’t this door look familiar? It’s been painted over by carpenters and masons.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_09

But the texture and grain remain under the surface.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_10

If only I could click my heels to wish myself to some other place.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_11

Not “home”, because I don’t really know where that is.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_12

As I said, I can only feel through the impermanence.


El-Bosquejo_Cameo_230516_13

If there were places I could call my own, it would be situations where my teeth are sunk deep into the skin. 


T-shirt and braided belt, Uniqlo
Jeans, Bench
Boots, Dr Martens
Backpack, Jansport
Iaspis Red Jasper Bracelet, Bosquejo

No comments: